Cobham Mews

From Camden New Town History Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Cobham Mews lies immediately behind a stretch of Agar Grove on land skirted in the north by No.3-8 Murray Street (accessed between Nos. 19 & 21 Agar Grove).

This backland site contains an interesting late 1980s development by David Chipperfield architects, comprising one-and two-storey studio offices. This maximises the limited site and comprises a forceful shared formal entrance, a hidden rear c1erestorey, circular rootlights, and glass blocks. The development is on the site of various minor workshop buildings, pre-dating 1871.

History

External Links

Camden Square Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Strategy