File:Early Map 01.jpg

From Camden New Town History Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Original file(1,122 × 889 pixels, file size: 136 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

A map (c 1840) showing the area to the east of Camden High Street was laid out as a new urban development on land owned by the Pratt family, later Marquises of Camden. By 1850 most of the area up to the canal was complete. In 1840 the area to the north was still farmland, providing food for London. But a new road running to Holloway had been built in 1824 and the idea of building northwards became feasible.

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current11:58, 7 December 2015Thumbnail for version as of 11:58, 7 December 20151,122 × 889 (136 KB)JasperWarwick (talk | contribs)A map (c 1840) showing the area to the east of Camden High Street was laid out as a new urban development on land owned by the Pratt family, later Marquises of Camden. By 1850 most of the area up to the canal was complete. In 1840 the area to the north...
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

The following 2 pages link to this file:

Metadata